Saturday, July 9, 2022

FIRST WEEK @ SCHOOL ( Phase II )

The School Internship Phase II was started on 05/07/2022. the school internship is an integral part of total B.Ed course. This programe aims at providing the opportunity for a direct learning experience for student-teachers on various roles of a teacher including teaching the subject.  
 GHSS, Chathannoor:



DAY 1 (05/07/2022, Tuesday)

I reached the school by 9.00 am. since it was my first day at school, first I met Higher Secondary Principal Pramod Sir. He gave importance instructions regarding classes and timings of the school and directed to the staffroom, there I met subject teachers and collected time table. They allotted me the portions from business studies.

In the afternoon session a period was allotted for me. I just made an interaction with the students and was able to know more about the school functioning. Today I spent more time to know the school atmosphere and I hope it would help in future class planning.


DAY 2 (06/07/2022, Wednesday)

Today I reached the school by 9.00 am and visited principals' room for signing the register. Then the subject teacher allotted a room for us near the staffroom so that we can contact the teachers immediately when needed.  I got my first class for teaching.

First 15 minutes from I entered the class was challenging as it was my first class. I took the introduction part of the plus two business studies chapter 1 "Nature and Significance of Management". I started the class with a friendly talk and introduced the chapter through brainstorming and general discussion. I used power point slides and lecture method for explanation and also interacted with students while explanation. Then I conducted a group discussion related to the lesson and also presented a graphic organizer at the end of the class. Review questions and follow up activity was given.

I felt satisfied at the end of the class as I achieved the learning objectives of the lesson. It was the first time that I was dealing with such number of students, so classroom management was little bit uneasy for me. The day was not a busy one for me. I left the school by 4.15 pm.


DAY 3 (07/07/2022, Thursday)

Today I reached the school by 9.00 am and after signing the register subject teacher allotted me two periods as some of the teachers went for plus one exam paper evaluation. On the first period I have taken the class on the topic "Characteristics of Management". After the friendly talk I asked some questions related to the previous class so that they can recollect the previous knowledge. I had a good interaction with the students during the explanation of the lesson also presented power point slides for the development of the lesson.  

The second period was little bit challenging because it was in the afternoon session and students was restless during the last hours but still I teached the lesson "Objectives of Management". I made them to do some simple standing exercises so that they can feel fresh. I used brain storming, general discussion, power point presentation, group discussion, and presented graphic organizer to complete the topic.

The day was not a busy one the rest of time I visited high school block and made some interactions with the teachers, students and some teacher trainees. I left the school by 4.15 pm.

DAY 4 (08/07/2022, Friday)

Today I reached the school by 9.00 am and after signing the register I met the business studies teacher, and she allotted me the period.  The period was in the morning session. The class was taken on the topic 'Importance of Management". I used brainstorming, power point slides, general discussion, group discussion and presented graphic organizer related to the topic. Students were very active during activity time. Today as I completed my first week of school internship, I asked the students for feedback, and I felt happy by hearing some positive feedback from their side. They are all interested in group activities, so they asked for more activities in upcoming classes. Also, I got some negative feedbacks which will help myself to improve in future classes.

It was all a new school for me, and I was very excited.  The school environment was so good. The first week of teaching practice was really an unforgettable one. It was a pleasant experience to catch up with my students and receive their love and affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UNIT PLAN

  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1no3ZXjcPPbHFy6Y8bzEZSKKq1nPyx-Yt/view?usp=drivesdk